Join Us for an Upcoming Webinar (Feb. 18 @2p.m. ET):
Protecting Your Organization: The 2021 Nonprofit Security Grant Program and other Resources to Help Keep Your Facility Safe
Before the end of February 2021, The Department of Homeland Security (DHS)/ Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) will release the Fiscal Year (FY) 2021 Nonprofit Security Grant Program (NSGP) Notice of Funding Opportunity. The NSGP provides funding support for security-related and physical security enhancements to nonprofit organizations. The NSGP promotes emergency preparedness coordination and collaboration activities between public and private community representatives as well as state, local, and tribal government agencies.
On Feb. 18, the DHS Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives is hosting a webinar from 2 to 3:30 p.m. ET to provide information, tips and how to apply for the NSGP, and other Department of Homeland Security (DHS) resources that support the safety and security of houses of worship, non-profits and faith and community-based organizations. In addition, we will learn perspectives from faith and community leaders about the NSGP and ways you can keep your facility safe and secure from all hazards.
- Mark Silveira, Senior Advisor, Office of Grants Administration, FEMA’s Grants Program Directorate
- Scott Biondo, Director, Community Security, Jewish Federation of St. Louis, Missouri
- Daniel Schultz, Protective Security Advisor, New Jersey-North District, Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
- Reverend Natalie Mitchem M.Div., RDN, Executive Director, African Methodist Episcopal International Health Commission & Pastor, Quinn Chapel AME Church, New Jersey
- Nicole Wood, MPH, MA, Moderator, DHS Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives
How to Join the Webinar on February 18 at 2pm- 3:30pm ET:
- Please register for the event using the Adobe Connect registration web link.
- Test your Adobe Connect prior to the meeting; you may need time to update or install software to access the audio-visual content.
- This webinar will offer captioning on the webinar platform.
- For more information, contact AskCSID@fema.gov.
- A recording of webinar will be sent by email to all registered participants, in case they are unable to attend or wish to share.
We hope that you will join us!
Resources for Faith-based Organizations & Houses of Worship
The Department of Homeland Security Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) maintains a nationwide presence through regional offices that consist of personnel, including Protective Security Advisors (PSAs), who can assist in enhancing security at houses of worship and related facilities through assessments, exercises, training and other tangible capabilities. To learn more, visit, https://www.cisa.gov/.
Obtain information on CISA’s Faith Based Organization-Houses of Worship (FBO-HOW) resource page and learn about their new CISA Houses of Worship Security Self-Assessment Tool. This new resource provides the faith-based community with an easy-to-use assessment tool that produces a formatted report with resources which can be used to identify and address your facility’s security concerns.
DHS Center for Faith and Opportunity Initiatives
Have a comment, question or looking for information? E-mail us at Partnerships@fema.dhs.gov